How to brew the perfect pot of tea, every time.
1. Warm the teapot with boiled water from the kettle. Let it sit in for a few minutes.
2. Reheat kettle with fresh water (it is important to actually put fresh water in the kettle rather than reboiling, the more you reboil, the less oxygen left in the water content and this can have an impact of the flavour of your tea.
3. Tip out the water from your teapot (you might want to save it so that once it cools down you can use it in your plants.
4. Add in your loose leaf tea. One teaspoon per person and one extra for the pot.
5. Look at time recommendations on the back and the water temperature recommendations.
6. Pour the freshly boiled water in.
7. Just a little tip: If the tea suggestion is 2-4 minutes, for a weaker blend, you leave it for 2, for a full-bodied blend, leave it for the 4.
8. TIME, TIME, TIME.
9. Just let it sit. Don’t swirl or touch it. Also, try to keep the lid on during this process.
10. When most of the leaves have fallen all the way to the bottom, you know it has been brewed well.
The ritualistic process of making tea is a beautiful, ancient and much-loved process. Take time to savour in it all, don’t rush it.
Be mindful of it all.
PS. Ready to feel calm, clear and balanced?
Learn how to find TIME for YOU, so that you can be the best version of yourself, without feeling guilty.
Sign up to the Self-Care List - and I will be pop into your inbox every Wednesday at 8 pm with some REAL TALK and serious self-care tips.
See you then.